Skip to content
but not limited to…
- Photonics for microfluidics (i.e., creating structures, channels and other microfluidic chip configurations in 2D and 3D by direct laser writing, soft lithography, e-beam, etc.).
- Microfluidics for photonics (i.e., rapid tunability of resonator devices; development of anoptofluidics platform containing microfluidic channels, optical waveguides, and electrical contacts for development of novel applications in photonics).
- High resolution imaging, spectroscopy and sensing in microfluidic environment.
- Optofluidics for nonlinear optics (i.e. nonlinearinteractions in nano-waveguides and photonic crystals, nonlinear optical phenomena of anisotropic media in microfluidics environment,etc.).
- Electric field effects coupled to optofluidics (i.e., opto-electric tweezers for microfluidic applications).
- Multifunctional platforms for biomedicine (i.e.,single-use chips, standardized systems for easy connection).
- Complex light fields to exert forces and torques at the micro and nano scale for complex control of motion and position of nano and micro-objects.
- Optical tool-kit for sorting, stretching, squeezing, trapping, mixing of emulsion droplets for digital microfluidic applications.
- Optical forces for the development of tunable photonic devices in optofluidics platforms.
- Optical activation of chemical, physical and biological processes for contactless and sterile control and initiation of processes
- Optically driven micro-flows. Light-driven micromechanics and microfluidics devices (i.e.optically guided micromotors, micropumps).
- Optical control in multifunctional platforms for biomedicine providing contactless diagnostics.
- Integrated micro-optics and soft matter: lenses arrays, diffractive elements, adaptive optical elements, microresonators
- Novel ways to manipulate matter with optical fields: micro and nano fabrication with structured light for microfluidics (i.e., micropatterning and templating by means optical and nonlinear optical processes).
- Microfluidics for materials science: structured materials, nanomaterials (i.e., microfluidic approaches for assembling of colloidal particles, microfluidics chemical reactors,discriminator systems; etc).
- Optofluidics with liquid crystals and unconventional fluids.
- Novel approaches for integrated multifunctional lab-on-a-chip systems for biomedical and sensor applications.